COMMUNIQUE N ° 01/2018
Nicaraguan Brothers, All Brothers.
At the time our country is about to initiate a National Dialogue, the Army of Nicaragua reiterates the following:
- In these moments of pain and mourning, it is up to all of us to reflect and contribute to our continuing to build the Nicaragua we deserve.
- We stand in solidarity with families who have lost loved ones and those who, in one way or another, have been affected by all acts of violence. We support the efforts to clarify these facts and proceed according to law.
- We are convinced that dialogue is the only route that will avoid irreversible damage to our people, our economy, national development and our security.
- We support the efforts of the Government of Nicaragua in the search for a solution through dialogue and we call on all to contribute in that direction.
- We support the work of mediation and witness of the dialogue led by His Eminence, Cardinal Leopoldo Brenes.
- As we have always said, WE ARE THE SAME UNIFORMED PEOPLE, WORKING TO YOUR OWN BENEFIT and consistent with this, we call to stop the violence and the actions that destabilize us.
- The current situation is dragging us to the division of the Nicaraguan family from campaigns that ferment hatred.
- The peaceful solution to the situation we are currently experiencing will allow us to continue working with security, stability, tranquility and peace, which has cost us so much.
- We reject the manipulations of information about the work of our institution.
- The Army of Nicaragua, within the framework of its missions established in the Constitution and the laws, continues to provide protection and security to the entities and strategic objectives that are vital for the functioning of the country.
- We also inform that, within the framework of the current situation, we have not failed to fulfill the missions of defense of sovereignty, security and the fight against drug trafficking and organized crime. These efforts are aimed at ensuring that the current situation does not harm the security of the nation.
Our call is:
- No to Violence.
- No to Instability.
- Yes to Tranquility.
- Yes to Peace.
“With patriotism and dedication we work for the nation.”
Made in the city of Managua, on the twelfth day of the month of May of the year two thousand and eighteen.
DIRECTORATE OF PUBLIC AND EXTERNAL RELATIONS